message in a bottle

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

love for the croc

When someone says she loves bags, she probably owns more than 5, close to 10, almost 20.Well for me, loving bags would be an understatement. I ADORE bags! I'm completely obsessed. Like a fan to his idol, like a devotee to his religion, like a guy to his girl. That's describing my love for bags.

I really don't know how my adoration came about. I do remember my childhood days when I'm very particular in buying my schoolbags. My mom would tell me she'll go out and buy it alone for me, but I would argue with her and insist I go. I want to choose my own bag. Not only that, I'm very particular with how it will look like when I carry it. Take note, this is me talking 7 years in my life. Quite weird if I may say so.

So, that probably triggered my quest for bags. I've been the bag fashionista all throughout highschool, changing different bags almost everyday. I have my schoolbags, my Friday bags, my weekend bags, my mall bags, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-ng.

My "collection" span to almost 80 to 100 bags during that time. And I'm only in highschool!! This I can say, I didn't buy all of those, of course. Since all my relatives and friends know my love for bags, they always give me one as a gift during special occassions. Apart from the ones I buy on my own, those given to me added to my vast empire.

College opened my world to an even bigger "playing" field. I found myself hanging around some people who share my love for bags. That made it the best times of my life. Shopping became our hobby (not that it isn't already). Now, it's come to a point that buying one is a stress relief for me. It makes me happy when I'm depressed. Looking at them neatly hanging and tucked away in my room makes me feel secure, like I can conquer anything with them. It's like an addictive fix. It makes me smile just knowing.

Lately, I've been fixated in Lacoste bags. For the past months, I've accumulated 6 already. 1 small navy cotton pique handcarry; 1 small black nylon pique handcarry; 1 small navy cotton striped handcarry; 1 medium red nylon pique shoulder bag; 1 medium khaki nylon pique handcarry and 1 medium gray cotton shoulderbag. My babies :)

This is apart from the 4 other "older" ones I've bought over the years. Had 2 red ones in college, 1 black pique doctor's bag handcarry and 1 navy pique handcarry, both of which I alternately used during my 1st year as a working girl, among others that I interchange every so often.Yet, I'm still planning on buying one. This time, it's a large red nylon pique shoulder bag. It's the only one Lacoste has that comes is a square-type shape, unlike most of their collection that's either round or oval. I actually have 1 reserved already :)

Yeah, yeah, I know. This is too much!! I end up blowing my paycheck to cater to this obsession of mine. It may seem that I buy bags on a regular basis but I actually don't. I treat myself once in a while specially when I'm feeling down, stressed, sad/depressed, like when I'm upset about something, or had a fight with my boyfriend.

This has become an outlet for me. My bags will always be there. They will always be there even if they're old and worn out. Unless you give them away or lose them (which I don't plan on doing so), they will stay with you no matter what. Unlike people, they don't give you disappointments. They carry your life for you.

So, here I am, ever so enthusiastic. I've gotten my new bag and it's just what I hoped it to be!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home