message in a bottle

Monday, October 30, 2006

halloween party

Saturday night found me wrapped up in a sweater, hoodie over my head, ipod perched on my ears, while the rest of my friends were screaming (and laughing) while watching Sukob.

The couples group, with our latest addition, holed up at Pogsy's house for a laid back, halloween celebration.

The evening started out by filling our stomachs with lechon manok and Lotsa Pizza pizza. Downing each bite with red wine, we made ourselves ready for a fright night scream fest.

Since it is still early to put on the DVD, we enjoyed ourselves first with belting our hearts out over the videoke. With Pogsy's super wide-screen television with surround sound, all were singing to every beat and showing their (should have stayed) hidden talent.

I dread having to watch a horror flick. Yes, even if it was watching Kris Aquino try to act. I'm as paranoid as ever when it comes to horror movies. It's as if my mind keeps replaying every scene, reminding me of every horrid sequence. *chills*

So around 10 pm, the movie started. With me stressing about the whole ordeal, my boyfriend kept reassuring me that the movie is not true (I know, talo ko pa ang paslit). The beginning wasn't half bad, with all the teasing the boyfriends are doing on Kris' acting skills (or lack thereof). But knowing how Pinoys make horror movies, I decided not to watch it.

Instead, I put on my ipod, turned the volume a notch higher than the television and covered my face with the hoodie of my sweater. My boyfriend, who was seated at my feet, kept teasing and pulling the hoodie off my face when the scary scenes are showing.

I actually felt sleepy, since I had the hoodie in my face almost the entire movie. The paranoid in me even had me imagining what the scenes might have been and making me think of weird thoughts. Imagine what I would be like if I DID watch it.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home