message in a bottle

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

camping 101

The skies are now clear. The rain has passed. The storm has left. What to do next?

Why, go camping of course!

I am going camping this weekend. Yep, me. Out in the forest-like terrain of the south. Sleeping with the earth at my back. Eating out of make-shift plates and utensils. Walking barefoot on grass. All that pizzaz!

One of our friends is going to celebrate his birthday by treating us to a camping trip. All food expense paid, of course. It's actually not my first time to be at that camping site. We've actually done it for about 2 years ago.

So, everyone seemed psyched about it. My boyfriend, as his gift to the birthday boy, is bringing a truckload of booze. Tents and booze??? What better combination, right?

We're gonna feast American style - steak, ribs, mashed potato and cream eggs (talk about carbo loading).

I actually hesitated to come at first, given that majority of the "office girls" who were invited aren't really close friends of mine. But, my ever sweet boyfriend told me that it would make him extremely sad if I decided not to join and that I'm actually deciding for both of us (there's hope for him afterall, eh? Hahaha, kidding!). So of course, I am now going and making myself excited about the whole idea.

Well, all I have to do now is make my list of stuff to bring, hoping against hope that I won't forget anything.

Happy birthday man!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home