message in a bottle

Friday, September 29, 2006

barely

It has been one tumultuous week. And I am all set to finally end it and start my well-deserved weekend.

So many have happened this week....

* Two of my good friends from the office had their last week of tenureship. Gosh. And to think that I've already gotten used to them being around the office. Not to mention that them being around makes working fun, amongst other people of course. One left for a great opportunity which he fits to a "T", and the other left to fend for the family business based in Laguna. So so sad that they had to leave. Hope they will never forget the company of people who's gotten so fond of them.

* A destructive typhoon hit the metropolis, uprooting every tree, billboard, lamp post and wall possible. I was actually caught at the height of its rampage, stuck in the middle of EDSA, completely helpless, frightened for my life and hyperventilating on the side. I really thought I'd end up not being able to get home to see my family again (oh shucks, I'm getting teary-eyed). I really, really thought that was end of my young (ahem) life. First blow happened at the side of SM Makati, where the food court's metal doors came flying in the air, hitting the Pajero in front of us. Just imagine if that car wasn't in front us. The door would have directly hit and broken our windshield and God knows what could have happened next.

I really have no desire whatsoever to relive that horrific experience I had. I just kept on praying for me to get home safely and get out of there alive and unscathed. I kept on thinking about my future, (I was getting insane by the second). What if it all ends here? My mind kept pinpointing on the people I value so much in my life: My parents, my brother, my boyfriend. Hay.

* A common friend and an ex-officemate are getting closer by the minute, who knows if they're a couple already. The guy is obviously coming out of his shell and acting on his feelings for the first time, with the girl keeping on pushing him to finally reveal his feelings for her. Okay, I'm really not close to the girl and I know that it's absolutely none of my business, but then again, I just don't think it's right for this girl to just kept on doing that.

As I said, we really don't know what's going on between them. It's probably love and if it is, we would be extremely happy for them. But now that things aren't sorted out yet (according to them), I just don't think it's appropriate for the girl to kept on insisting herself to be his girlfriend. Of course, this is only me speaking.

So there. So much has happened. Nothing really nice happened, I realized. It's been one depressing thing to another. I'm just so glad I am here right now, typing away in the comfort of my desk, breathing and happy to share the stories in my life.

Till next time. Ciao!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home