message in a bottle

Monday, October 02, 2006

with shards of pointy glass

After the deathly encouters the last week has brought, I had a fairly quiet and okay weekend.

Saturday was supposed to be a happy and nice day. The sun has finally shone, the rain already stopped and the storm has passed.

Little did I know that another kind of unwanted storm was headed my way.

My boyfriend and I were walking inside one of the Makati malls that day, minding our own business and happily enjoying each other's company. I was actually elated to finally see him and be together after several days of missing each other due to the bad weather.

And then, it happened.

Going towards the south end of the mall, he suddenly smiled and said hi to some girl. To my utter shock, it was no other than the girl he dated before me. Just to give you a background, he was the one who stopped pursuing said girl (her name is not worth mentioning since she has no worth to me). According to his story, there was an occurrence during their "dating" period when he got turned off with said girl (details are kept confidential).

Of course, I know that face. Baket naman hinde noh?! Nasa friendster ba naman nya eh! He never showed me any picture of said girl for me to know her. He mentioned her name and knowing my great memory, I did remember said girl.

So there I was, completely stunned about what just happened. What pissed me off (a little only, mind you) was the great big fact that he was smiling ear to ear when they said hi to each other. It was actually a very harmless moment, since it was done only in passing. He did not introduce and I would be totally appalled if he did. I don't need to bother meeting someone I wasn't even interested to know in the first place.

I tried, of course, to make myself better. I'm a very transparent person. My emotions dictate my actions most of time kaya hinde ako plastik. People would know what I'm feeling just by looking at me. And my boyfriend knows me too well on being like that.

I did not get mad. God, I'm not that immature. That girl has no bearing in my life. Heck, I don't even care if she still existed or not. Just wanted to share the rush of emotion when things like these ever happened to you. You can always wack your boyfriend with your precious handbag (it would be best when you have a book inside) when he makes that second turn of looking at another girl at her back, walking past.

Don't you just love the drama?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home