message in a bottle

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

back from nature

It's finally November! Never thought it will come. Next week is our 3rd year anniversary. Don't really know what's gonna happen. Don't really want to think about it that much too.

Anyways, here I am, typing away on this blog. I'm almost freezing to death coz that freak of a Rich Kid hollers in here at the office, clicking open every possible light and turning up the aircon notch as if she just entered her bedroom. Oh well, just a few more days of being with her at the same room.

Back to my life, I'm nursing severe colds and cough which I inherited from my week of trying to get acquianted with nature. Yep, the camping trip pushed through.

I was actually prepared for it (quite!). Brought tons of meds and true enough, I did have a use of them afterall. Arrived at Tagaytay around 9 in the evening, famished to death, feeling way miserable than ever because of my sickly condition.

The worst part is having to wait for the food to get cooked. The guys, while toiling away happily with the grill, didn't mind the fact that it's almost midnight and not one of us have eaten dinner yet.

After the very much delayed feast of steaks and mashed potato, the tents were then pitched. Girls went about cleaning up and changing into their night clothes. After a few minutes, tequila bottles were being popped open and beer cans started rounding the tables.

It was an all-night chat fest. We mingled around in the camp pavilion, drinking and asking hypothetical questions on love, life and relationships. Imagine, topics like these being discussed in the wee hours of the morning. Since I was not feeling very well, I had to hit the sack at around 3 in the morning, whereas my ever accommodating boyfriend almost didn't sleep just to continue the chitchat with the rest.

Early morning found us all sweating inside the tents. Scratch sweating, more like roasting. It was so darn hot inside it! Tagaytay seems to be losing its claim to fame on being a chilly place. Couples started rounding up the rest of the group for a breakfast of pancakes, sausages and milk. American dining it is.

Things I learned:

- Never go on a camping trip with a runny nose
- It's such a misery forcing yourself to take an extremely cold shower, especially if you're not used to it
- It's hard to breath in very cold weather
- Running out of tissue is a major hassle
- Attempting to dress up inside a shower room is more than frustrating

When's the next camping trip kaya?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home