message in a bottle

Thursday, December 28, 2006

living off caffeine

It's the end of the Christmas holidays and the start of the New Year celebration...

Yep, I'm here at the office, slaving away with office work....

After the much-hyped up (too much if I may add) company Christmas party, people started going their separate ways into vacation mode.

A lot has bid their goodbyes and see-you-soons for next year and to some, like me who are stuck here, has to endure the agonizing (?) pain of waking up early in the morning again and live off the much appreciated coffee of Starbucks.

Yep, after a much-needed rest and hiatus from stress, I am back in full swing with my early mornings here at the office, having to face my laptop screen yet again.

After recharging by battery over the Christmas holidays, sleeping well around 10-12 hours each day (yum!), here I am again, zombie like and waking up at the ungodly hours of dawn. Oh well, on the dot it is right?

Then when New Year holidays kick, I wil get sucked in again with the joys of sleeping. Which I know I wil be deprived once again in an instant.

With the help of the friendly neighborhood baristas, who never fails to greet me with their 1000 wattage smiles in the early mornings, my whole and entire energy depends on their masterful skills of making my daily caffeine fix.

With a macchiato in hand, I walked out of their quaint coffee shop with the hopes of waking up one day not looking forward to drinking another cup to last me for the day.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home