message in a bottle

Friday, May 25, 2007

childhood memories

Last night, amidst the pouring rain and the heavy traffic, I accompanied my mom in the supermarket to buy our usual routine of household items.

I am so domesticated that way...enjoying every bit of step in the grocery aisles, while browsing through stacks of paper towels, soaps, cookies and junkfood.

Speaking of junkfood, I stumbled upon a few ones that made me remember my childhood. And so, I started thinking of the other snacks I used to sneak in the house when I was little...

PRITOS RING
The famous red foil pack containing crunchy, bbq-flavored ringlets

POMPOMS
Usually comes in a little, yellow plastic pack with it's airy tiny curls

ALMO
The original "ovaltinies". Comes in little, colorful packets of blue, red, green and yellow. I remember it being 25 cents each

KOBI
Snacks shaped in french fries and tastes like one too

CHISNAK
Flower-shaped snacks and a local take on the PIKNIK packaging

RINBEE
Leaving orange stains in the fingers, this string potato snack re-invented itself in a more modern foil packaging

SNACKU
Green vegetable-inspired snack

SQUID RING
Squid version of Pritos Ring

I'm still trying to rack up some more from memory but isn't it great how food brings you back to the old times?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home