message in a bottle

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

banana hammock and crap bag

I was never really a fan of the comedy sitcom Friends. I used to watch the shows when I accidentally come across it while channel surfing and had nothing better to watch.

But I got bitten by the bug because my boyfriend is very fond of the show. So lo and behold, it rubbed off of me.

Cutely said, my boyfriend even has complete seasons stacked safely in his room and even most of the times mimick the infamous Joey grin and say "How you doin'?".

One time, while spending a lazy late afternoon at home, I ran into some re-runs of the show where it featured Phoebe changing her name upon securing a marriage license. Mojacko and I were talking about it at work since the episode was indeed particularly funny.

Phoebe became Princess Consuela Banana Hammock and to add further humor to the mix, her husband to be, Mike, decided to change his name as well to Crap Bag.

The couple reminded me of a succeeding episode where they finally got married, in the streets of New York no less, with the snow lightly coming down. It was actually kinda romantic. And I just remembered a very sweet line Crap Bag said:

CB: I love you...
BH: I love you more
CB: Not possible

Hand it over to television to create lines no one will say in real life....

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home