message in a bottle

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ink stains

I can't believe I'm saying this, but these past few days, I found myself posting blogs here unlike before.

Maybe because of the crappy connection we have been experiencing every morning. Instead of downloading thousands of my emails, I'm stuck with waiting and browsing for the mean time.

Not that I'm complaining but painting the picture of receiving tons of unread emails is not something I want to deal with every waking day.

Especially when you're in my position when you get in by the hundreds.

Oh well, life.

It's probably a learning to be more patient about things. To be more accepting rather than judgmental and to be more mature in handling things.

Not that I am not.

But I know I'm not fully there yet. Still on my way, though.

I'm starting to miss him again.

Two years into this career and I still find myself looking up from my laptop, hoping I can get a glimpse of him around any cubicle.

Like how it was used to be.

I still find myself waiting for the lunch hour so we can both go down and cross the street towards the lunch kiosks.

I still miss that.

And I'm still not used to it.

Everything is different there now, of course.

With his new responsibility and promotion, he is way busier than before. He sometimes even tells me he can't afford to have lunch on time.

This makes me sad coz I know this will happen.

But then again, it's a good thing he's no longer under that hideous boss of his. He's in a far better place having a good team behind him with a new boss that is way cooler.

Yet, he is still there. Goodness, he's been there for 5 years already.

Is it really that long already? Goodness.

It was just like yesterday when I left, even if I didn't want to.

But like our friends have said, it was actually a healthy move for both us. We get to miss each more and more because of the set up.

For some, it was detrimental. You know, leaving the same company you belong to. Some have even broken up because of the "distance".

So scary when you think about it.

Okay, I'm just typing away my random thoughts again. Still waiting for the stupid connection to get up.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home